Friday, August 18, 2006

At last!!!!

It seems to have taken ages although it's not that long since the World Cup final, but it's time for real football. What's going to happen? Who knows.........

Well we know we are Mossley so we will probably top the table in the next fortnight and then things will go pear shaped, although that didn't happen last season.

The one thing I can definitely predict is plenty of finger nail biting and comfortable half time leads that degenerate into hanging on during the second half.

The games I have seen pre-season leave me full of optimism but we are going up a league. In all honesty I would settle for mid table but let's get the show going.

Oh and if any of the players find this, relax and enjoy your game as Grant isn't back from Crete for a couple of weeks.

The last two years have seen 5-0 and 7-0 opening day victories, but it's Ilson tomorrow (Ilkeston Town) so I'd take any win. Go on then. I'll put my head on the chopping block.....

Mossley 2 Ilkeston Town 1 (after going 1-0 down!!!!)

1 comment:

SJNR said...

Good luck with it Simon!