Sunday, August 27, 2006

Off The Mark

Grantham Town 1 Mossley 2

Mossley finally got their first points of the season. (Maybe I'm a jinx as I didn't attend the game due to being at Lords watching Lancashire in the C&G Final.) I was a bit despondent when a text came through with the half time score of being 1-0 down. At the time the cricket was still going well but I thought anything can happen in 45 minutes and it obviously did. Changes to personnel were made at half time resulting in Martin Allison's first appearance of the season and he equalized with Mossley's very own Peter Pan in the form of Andy Thackeray netting a last minute winner. What is it with Thacks and scoring in Lincolnshire as he also netted at Spalding a couple of years ago. (I was late for this match and missed his goals, so maybe if I stay away from matches he will become a prolific goalscorer!!!)

Anyway, the result hopefully kickstarts the season, and there's an an opportunity for points tomorrow with a home clash against Burscough who recorded a 4-0 home win against Ossett Town on Saturday and currently lie in 5th place in the table. This gives us a chance to test ourselves against one of the pacesetters. Also, tomorrow sees our match on the pools coupon so I wonder if Mossley will be pronounced correctly.


No comments: